One of my new favorite pasttimes is listening to podcasts. They've been around for awhile, but I didn't really pay much attention until recently and now I'm hooked. Here are some of my favorites, broken down into various categories.
- The Goal Digger Podcast: Jenna Kutcher hosts the live workshop style business podcast for creative girl bosses, so you can train from the experts how to dig in, do the work, and tackle your biggest goals along the way.
- BeYOUtifully Bold in Business Podcast: Nicole Hoglund and Samantha Johnston have entrepreneurs share their real and honest stories about how they are able to lead beautifully and boldly in business. They offer tips on how to stay authentic in a world where so much noise can cloud our better judgement.
- Uncomplicate Your Business: Racheal Cook helps you to get excited about your business again by helping you to be less stressed and to create your business around your desired lifestyle.
- Don't Keep Your Day Job: This is a weekly podcast hosted by Cathy Heller showcasing how creative people have made a living doing what they love.
- Lose the Cape: Featuring busy moms and mompreneurs who are determined to make the world a better place.
- Mother's Quest: For moms who want to live a truly EPIC life and become the hero of their own journey.
- Coffee + Crumbs: Storytelling about motherhood and the beautifully hard work of raising children.
- The Longest Shortest Time: A parenting show for everyone.
- #createlounge: Creatives share their best advice for embracing everyday creativity.
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert: Liz helps aspiring artists overcome their fears and create more joyfully.
- Roam + Golightly: It's your weekly pick-me-up filled with encouragement and insight to help you lead the adventurous, creative lifestyle you crave... even in the real world.
- The Grit and Glitter Podcast: Your weekly dose of truth and inspiration. Features real, raw, soulful conversations about our own self-doubts and insecurities.
- Dear Sugar Radio: Hosted by Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond. Offers radical empathy for the lost, lonely, and heartsick.
- TEDTalks: Talks designed to inspire, intrigue, and stir the imagination from some of the world's leading thinkers and doers.
- Sweet Stella's Guided Meditations: Self-explanatory, I think. :)
- Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People: 1 phone call. 1 hour. No names. No holds barred. From shocking confessions and family secrets to philosophical questions and shameless self-promotion, anything can happen.
Politics or Political Satire
- The Bugle: Andy Zaltzman breaks down the news with comedians from all across the world.
- The Axe Files with David Axelrod: A series of revealing interviews with key figures in the political world.
- NPR Politics Podcast: Weekly roundups and quick takes on the news of the day.
- Lore: A bi-weekly podcast about the dark historical tales that fuel our modern superstitions. Because sometimes the truth is more frightening than fiction.
- Book Club Appetizer: A snackable podcast to help you kick off your book club meetings or enhance your solo reading adventures.
- Stuff You Should Know: Join Josh and Chuck as they explore the stuff you should know about everything from genes to the Galapagos.
- The Scot and The Sassenach: An Outlander Podcast: Dedicated to the Starz show adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book series.
What are your favorite podcasts? I'm always on the lookout for news ones, so feel free to comment below.