I said in my last Lessons Learned post that my word for October would be "peace". And for the most part, it was pretty peaceful.
Some highlights from last month:
* It was my 8th wedding anniversary.
* An article that I wrote was published in Issue 3 of Holl & Lane Magazine. SQUEEEEE!
* I got to meet my beautiful friend, Shelly. She was as funny, sweet, genuine, and kind in person as she is online.
* I'm not big on travelling - partly because it's hard for me to juggle around my kids' schedules and partly because I get the worst anxiety ever about going someplace I've never been before and being thrown off my routine. But at least I didn't have to fly. And I ended up really enjoying this work trip. I love looking at the ocean! Check out the view on the way home:
* We got a new addition to our little family. Meet Luna, aka Luna the Tuna. :)
* Halloween with my little superheroes
|Hawkeye and Batman|
All in all, it was a pretty good month. And I learned that it's OK to slow things down. It's OK to not do it all. It's OK to let a few things go and worry about them later. And it's also OK to take care of me. Sometimes, saying no to things is the best option, or else I"ll run myself ragged.
October has been a nice little breather. I'm looking forward to all that November will bring! I'm already listening to the Christmas station on Pandora. Not sorry. :)
What were some of your highlights from October? I want to hear all about it.
P.S. Don't forget to join Shelly and me for the Write or Die link up beginning on Weds, Nov. 4th. The prompt is the quote below. Come share some laughs with us!