Motherhood. It's something that has truly changed my life for the better. I have these 2 little people who have given my life purpose and have shown me what it means to love completely and unconditionally. They bring me joy. They make me laugh every single day. They're my world.
C'mon. You knew there was a BUT coming. And here it is:
1) At Chuck E. Cheese. Hell on Earth. Hands down. I don't know you, founder of Chuck E Cheese, but I'm convinced you are one of those people who takes pleasure in the pain of grown adults.
"What, little Johnny? Oh, you don't have enough tickets to get the giant, useless, noisy, plastic thing because it's 1,000 tickets and you only have 52? You're quite right, this clearly requires a full-on meltdown."
2) At the Swimming Pool. A place where the kids can splash around and have some good, old-fashioned, supervised fun. Right? WRONG. It's place where the kids can complain about having to wear sunscreen, can whine about the fact that people will see their bellies (?), and can refuse to go into the water, until 5 minutes before it's time to go home. Cue full-on meltdown. Again.
3) At any gift-giving occasion - birthday, Christmas, whatever. A time when you buy your child EXACTLY what he asks for and he bursts into tears. #AssholeParent
4) At any meal time ever. No. I don't even want to talk about it. Just no.
5) At home watching cartoons/kids' movies over & over. Everything is NOT awesome. Let's lose Nemo. To infinity andddd nobody cares! Do you want to shoot a snowman? Monsters Stink.
Woosah. Moms, it's OK. I feel your pain. Now, put on that lipgloss. Stand a little taller. Smile a little brighter. Hold those little hands. And love like your life depends on it. Because it does.
P.S. Don't forget to join us on Weds, March 11th for Write or Die Wednesdays! Our writing prompt this week is: Which song brings back memories for you and why? The prompt was inspired by "Springsteen" by Eric Church. Hope you join us and happy writing! xo