|Want more Coffee Thoughts? Check out the September 2015 edition.|
These are my Holiday Coffee Thoughts.
Christmas went by too quickly. I wasn't prepared for it, like I normally am. I felt like everything was so last minute. And work has been absolutely crazy busy, so the little things that I normally do got pushed to the wayside. I NEED A DO-OVER.
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm 32, I should probably know by now, right? Does anybody ever know? I used to be super concerned about job titles and salary. Now, I couldn't care less. I feel like the important things in life are all outside of the workplace. But, bills.
Christmas time in New York is spectacular. I know, you're tired of me talking about New York. I won't go on and on about it again (at least for this year! ha), so here's my NYC trip post in case you missed it.
I love these two little elves.
Christmas is way better than New Year's, in my opinion. Christmas makes me think of family, fun times, laughs, good food. New Year's makes me think of all the shit I said I was gonna do during the year, and didn't. I mean, it won't stop me from saying a bunch of new shit that I'm going to do for 2016. But still.
Where was the snow, Mother Nature?!! You sneaky little wench. This 70 degree Christmas stuff just does not cut it. At ALL. Again, I need a do-over!
I am obsessed with quirky Christmas ornaments. Those beautiful trees that you see on HGTV with the themes and the perfectly color-coordinated ornaments... yeah, you won't find those at my house. We have such a random, completely awesome assortment of ornaments that we've accumulated through the years. 98% of them are crafty ornaments that the kids made in school. And the other 2% are Penn State ornaments that my hubby collects.
I'm so over Elf on the Shelf. Chippy the Elf can go kick rocks. He sits in our kitchen 365 days a year because I'm too lazy to put him away. And I tell the boys that he's there to watch them all year long and report back to Santa, so they have to remember to always be good, not just at Christmas time. Does it work? Meh. But at least I don't have to move him around or whatever.
I'm leaving the decorations up until Spring. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating just a smidge. But I feel like they should be appreciated and admired for longer than a month.
I didn't send out Christmas cards this year. Epic fail. Like I said, I felt like time just went by so quickly that I barely had a chance to breathe and then BAM, Christmas was over. So... I'm sorry to any of my lovely friends and family who were expecting a card from me. I'll make it up to you next year and send 2. :) I might get wild and crazy and send cookies, too.
So, these were my Holiday Coffee Thoughts. Now that the Christmas whirlwind is winding down, what are some of your thoughts? Did it go as expected? Share your thoughts below.
P.S. Don't forget to join Andrea and me for the ABC Reads 2016 reading challenge! We'll begin on Jan 1st. The goal is to read 26 books for the year, each one with a title that starts with a letter of the alphabet. Sounds awesome, yes? Join us!
P.P.S. Use code CHRONICLESOFCHAOS to get 15% off any issue of Holl & Lane Magazine! Issue 5 launches on January 1st, 2016.