Happy November! I'm so excited for the start of the holiday season. Thanksgiving is almost upon us! And then, Christmas! Eeeekkk. I'm already playing my Christmas albums on repeat. #sorrynotsorry
So, now that October 2014 has come to a close, it's only natural to take a look back and see what it was all about.
- Get family pictures taken. Fail. I was all excited to do this and then, at the last minute, Charlie got called into work, and we couldn't go. Sigh. At this time of year, I think we'd be hard-pressed to find anyone with any availability as most photographers get booked up so quickly. We'll see. It may have to wait until Spring. Le bummer.
- Blogger meet-up. Yay! This totally happened and it was an afternoon filled with good food and great company. Love you guys.
|L to R: Me, Krystle, Melanie, Caitlin, Sarah|
- Halloween costumes for the boys. Yes! Look at these cuties. They went to a costume party a few days before Halloween, and then of course went trick-or-treating on Halloween itself. They had such a great time.
- New link up with a new friend. Happy Happy Joy Joy! Vashelle from Shelly's Cabaret and I started the Write or Die writer's link up in order to inspire other bloggers who love to write. I can't tell you how happy I am every time Wednesday rolls around. And how happy I am to have connected with other writers, not to mention, finding an awesome writing/inspiration partner like Vashelle! Click here to find out more about Write or Die and see previous topics. Also, our writing prompt for this upcoming Wednesday (Nov 5) is the photo below. Hope you'll join us!
Highlights from October 2014:
- I read some awesome books and blogged about them here:
- I resolved to get a tattoo, asap! Check out the images that have inspired me.
- I shared some of my favorite things.
- I talked about how hard it is to make new friends as an adult.
- Of course, no October recap can be complete without a spooky story. Check out this short story that I wrote called "Ding Dong Ditch."
- I went to the Eric Church concert with my hubby. I've never really been a country fan, but I am now most certainly an Eric Church fan. Best concert ever!
Goals for November 2014:
- Figure out what the heck I'm going to do for William's 4th birthday party in December. He's really into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right now, so that will probably be the theme of the party. But I need to get my act together and figure out the details and the invitations.
- Get back into spin class! I was sick for awhile and couldn't go, and now I'm in a training class and get home late. But I plan to get my butt back to class asap.
- Read "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline for our virtual book club. There's still time to join us if you'd like to get on board!
OK, so now it's your turn! What were some of your accomplishments from October? What are your goals for November? I'd love to hear about it. We can cheer each other on! :)